Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Here's a question for you all...

Is it normal not to trust your surgeon 2 weeks before surgery?

I've been incredibly nervous about the surgery the last couple days, I think the thought of the surgery being so close has finally hit me. Anyways, it's made me think a lot about my surgeon and if he really is the right choice.

Let me start by saying that I never had a say in who my surgeon was. I was only 17 and had no idea what was going on. My orthodontist referred me to a surgeon and my parents just decided to stick with him. Now, needless to say, it's basically too late to change my mind.
I remember he always seemed to be in a rush. Didn't seem to care about my worries, just gave me straight forward answers and ignored how much these worries concerned me. At the time, I just saw this as him being incredibly honest and blunt, which is a quality one would like in a surgeon. But now I'm getting scared.

I don't know anyone who has had surgery done by him before. It would be incredibly helpful if I did, that way I have personal opinions on his ability and the results. So I decided to look him up on Google and look at some reviews. maybe 3 out of 15 were good. Most of them pointed out his arrogant behavior, and the fact that he doesn't care about your concerns. Now, I'm starting to notice the bad points more than the good points.

I'm freaking out. Is this normal?

To share a bit of personal information with you all, I'll tell you my biggest fear is throwing up. Biggest fear on this planet. I have not thrown up for almost 4 years. Before that, about 2 years. And before that, 7.
I told him about my huge fear and he basically said there's nothing he can do about it. To just deal with it, or whatever. He said he would give me anti-nausea medication, and that only like 20% of his patients get sick from surgery, but that if I puke, I puke. Which, I understand. But then he started telling me HOW I have to puke. To the side, and in some kind of dish, I don't fucking know. But he said it as if I wasn't allowed to puke whichever way I want, and if I'm about to puke, you bet your ass I'm gonna panic and puke whichever way I'm facing.

I am seeing him tomorrow/today at 2:30. However, I'm finding that the staff isn't up to par as well, as many people pointed out in their reviews. They called last week asking to confirm my appointment at 2:30, which I knew the time, because I have a card with the time written on it. But then they called today (I guess my mom forgot to confirm) and said they really needed to confirm my appointment at 3 pm? Sorry what? Ugh. I'll post again tomorrow when I get back from my appointment.

lateeeeeerrrr

No comments:

Post a Comment