Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

TWO WEEKS!

Hello there everyone,

Just thought I'd make a quick post because Evan is off getting pizza, but mostly because today marks 2 weeks before my surgery!

I'm starting to get mixed feelings... I've kept telling myself this whole time that this surgery is necessary but is it really? It's not causing me any TMJ pain, or problems chewing or speaking, the only thing is that the right side of my jaw clicks. And that doesn't even hurt. Also I'm starting to realize this decision was almost never mine. My Orthodontist basically told me I had to do it. Or made it such a big deal that I thought it was necessary.
Apparently this surgery is supposed to prevent things, but the risks involved are developing the things I'm trying to prevent?
Am I even old enough to handle such a surgery?

On the other hand, I am quite excited. This surgery has been talked about for 3 years, and the day is only 2 weeks away.

But seriously, is all this even worth my face completely changing when I don't even have any issues? Like yeah my lips don't touch, but that's cosmetic. And I've been trying to convince myself that this isn't cosmetic, since I'm against that, but I'm failing miserably.

For my friends and family that read this, any words of encouragement would be appreciated. I'm starting to get nervous already, and I know some people close to me don't agree with this surgery at all, which makes me even more nervous.

I'll post soon, the latest being a week from now when I get my surgical hooks on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment