Pages

Monday, April 22, 2013

Day 10 post op

So I'm finally in the double-digits of my post op experience and I'm in a much better mood than I was yesterday. I was in the middle of making a post bitching about my surgery yesterday, but my laptop died. Good thing it did too, cause that was a really depressing post.

I'll try to sum it up without making it depressing. I am pretty disappointed with the outcome of the surgery. The physical attributes that I was hoping would be fixed are not. My gummy smile is still present, my lips aren't a millimeter closer together, and my jaw isn't more defined, although time will tell with this because I assume I'm still swollen.

It's so weird how not swollen I am. I look the exact same I did before surgery. Maybe a little swollen by the plates in my lower jaw, but that's about it.

ANYWAYS as I was saying, I'm in a much better mood than yesterday. I watched tv for a while, had some Yop, and took my dog shooshoo (her name is Sasha but shooshoo is her nickname) for a walk. Then my mom came home with a chocolate Nesquik(?) milkshake kinda thing. Then I went with her to her classroom (she's a kindergarten teacher) and helped her clean up a bit and now I'm home.

Since I'm not feeling any pain or discomfort lately, and my energy levels are fine, it doesn't even feel like I had surgery, other than the fact that I can't chew.

I'm still thinking if this surgery was really worth it. The pain was unreal, my sleeping sucks, I can't eat anything and it's impossible to talk.

My pain today was a 1/10.
Inconvenience 10/10.
Hunger 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10.
My swelling has come to a standstill basically but since I'm barely swollen it doesn't bother me.

Life has really slowed down and I'm just waiting for the OK to eat more food. I can't wait to be able to eat guacamole ugh I miss it so much.

Tomorrow I get to see my surgeon!! I'll post after I see him, I'm praying that I can eat more food. EEEEEEEEEEEEE

No comments:

Post a Comment