Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I've been cleared!!!

So I am very happy to report that I went to my surgeons today and have been cleared for surgery!! I will still be getting it done in two days :)

I got a lousy sleep last night, which sucked, but I woke up and dropped mom off at work. Then I went back home and a few hours later I went to my surgeons office.
I walked into the room that my parents and I were in the last time we were there.
My surgeon walks in with this bigger man, and he introduced himself as the anesthesiologist. Him and my surgeon then took a tongue depressor and jabbed it all the way to the back of my tongue, and I could hear them say things like "swollen glands" and "swollen tonsils" and such. I expected that much, my tonsils always swell up and it's really annoying.

Then the anesthesiologist told me he was gonna check my chest. He put the stethoscope (or whatever it's called) to my throat, then my chest, and then on my back. When he was on my chest though he went basically in my bra and I was like oh this is weird. But whatever. Then he said my chest was cleared and I was like woohoo!!

Then he asked me if I actually feel sick. I said no. Which, I don't. I'm just tired all the time lol. I'm putting that down to either oversleeping or not sleeping enough. Then they looked in my nose and the anesthesiologist made some comments to my surgeon and my surgeon responded that I'll need a nasal tube. Then the bad part... My surgeon asked if I have any nasal congestion. I thought this meant pressure in my nose and like sinus swelling or something, so I said no, and that I only blew my nose a couple times a day.
Which, I then later found out that nasal congestion means stuffy nose and I pretty much still have that. And I may have under exaggerated how many times I blow my nose a day. In realistic terms I'd say 5 times a day, maybe a bit more, but definitely not over 10. I don't know why I said 2, I think it's because all I remembered was barely blowing my nose yesterday or today. Ugh, I don't know.

But it scares me now cause it's like, is that incredibly important information? Are the chances of me dying greater now that you think I don't have any congestion in my nose?

Anyways, to finish off the appointment he took all these pictures of me - Well, of my face - and then gave me an anti-microbial mouth wash that I need to start brushing with tonight.

In the meantime, I'm trying to clean my room as fast as possible, so I can just lie down and rest and drink lots of water and get better before surgery.

Last night I had my last steak - I'm going to miss steak so much :(

No comments:

Post a Comment